Sunday, August 9, 2009

Here and There and Everywhere!

Ben and I made it home safely from , with absolutely no exciting events. It was so nice: 10 hours each day, no rush. We were pretty entertained by the seventh installment of the Harry Potter series and Jim Dale's amazing vocal talents. "Harryyyyyyyyyy......"
Unfortunately, Ben had to turn around again the next morning and leave for . Vocal Point does a two-week tour there every August, and Ben was really looking forward to it. He has enjoyed his first week there and has already had so many amazing experiences! I'll leave it up to him to blog about it when he gets home. :)

My experience here in with the parentals has been not quite the same. Everyone here is frantically trying to get last minute things done for my sister's upcoming wedding. It is chaos! Decorating the house, bridesmaid dresses, sleeping arrangements for guests, and other things are causing the usual pre-wedding grief. :)

Aside from being involved in all of the wedding preparations, I have also been trying to move our things into our new apartment in . BY MYSELF. It is really not fun. I'm not very strong. The other day it took me 1 1/2 hours to carry stuff up from the basement and pack it into my car. Luckily, David was able to help me unload, and did it in about 10 minutes! It was very much appreciated. I've discovered that KSL classifieds can be a great resource to furnish an entire apartment. "Mommy WOW! I own furniture now!" However, there are still a few things that I want to get at (home furnishing heaven). And we're even considering getting a new TV because ours is broken.

This week: back to school to set up my classroom and finalize schedules and lesson plans. Oh ya, and faculty meetings... epitome of boredom!

1 comment:

  1. This is a week too late, but if you need helping let us know!!

    ReplyDelete