Saturday, January 9, 2010

Writer's block

I haven't blogged in a while. Mostly because I am always feeling sick. I have not thrown up, but I always feel nauseated. I've actually lost weight because I can't eat anything.

I started writing a post and got 3 paragraphs of extreme pessimistic whining about how terrible I feel. Then I tried to change tactics and be extremely optimistic and talk about how excited I am to be a mom and try to come up with some positive goals as New Year's resolutions.

Neither of these situations is entirely true. I am not fully incapacitated and miserable, but with the amount of crying I have been doing lately, I cannot pretend that I am extremely happy.

I've reached a writer's block and I do not know how long it will last. So until then, I probably will not be posting.

2 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same way my first trimester. The best advice I got was: eat anyway, no matter what it is or how sick you feel. Then eat again before you start feeling sick again. It seemed so counterintuitive because the LAST thing I felt like doing was eating, but once I got something in my stomach and kept munching throughout the day it helped tons! I kept a box of saltine crackers on the nightstand and ate a little before I even got out of bed, then kept granola bars and poptarts with me all day. Sucking on peppermints helped with the nausea, too.
    I hope you find something that works for you and that you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I have to agree with the last comment. When I was pregnant, it helped to eat crackers to keep the nausea at bay. I kept some on my nightstand too so first thing in the morning I could get something in my stomach fast! Good luck, and hopefully you'll be like most pregnant women and get over the nausea around the end or your first trimester!

    ReplyDelete