So I got the rare experience of seeing my baby boy in an ultrasound at 36 weeks. I was really excited for this because I knew that I would be seeing more of my formed, almost complete baby. At my routine 20-week ultrasound, most of what we saw just looked like a blob and it wasn't super exciting. I wasn't even sure I could believe her when she told us that we were having a boy...
This time around, the nurse asked if I knew what I was having and I said, "Yes, a boy." She replied with, "Honey, you're having a MAN! No doubt about that!" And we got a great visual confirmation. Unfortunately, our little drama king made the rest of the ultrasound difficult. He had his hand over his forehead in an "Oh woe is me" pose and it took some prodding to get him to move his arm out of the way. But we finally got a good profile of his head:

Here in Texas many of the ultrasounds are equipped with 3D capabilities, so the nurse tried to get a 3D shot of his face for me. Again, he was being difficult. He had his face smashed up against my uterus, so most of the images were kind of squished and blurred (think mashing your face up against a window...). This is the best shot we could get with him being so stubborn and refusing to back up a little:

All of his measurements came back just fine and the doctor said he is right on schedule. They are guessing that he is about 6 lbs 4 oz right now, which seems hefty to me, but they say is normal. So as far as we can see, our baby boy is right on schedule: only 4 more weeks to go!

That's awesome! Good luck - you're in the home stretch now!
ReplyDeleteI've found your blog! :) Yay for baby Henry! Happy to hear you're still on track for your due date...nothing like having to push that back eh? Happy you got to see him in an u/s again. We had u/s almost every other week with Cali so I totally miss being able to see into baby's world with this pregnancy...but really it's a good thing, right? :)
ReplyDelete