at 3:33pm
8 lbs. 10 oz.
19.75 inches
This little one was determined to come on his due date!
Sunday, August 8:
3:00 am -- Contractions start
9:00 pm -- Finally go to the hospital
9:30 pm -- Devastated to hear Vanessa is only dilated to 1 cm
10:30 pm -- Vanessa only dilated to 2 cm
Monday, August 9:
12:30 am -- Vanessa still only dilated to 2 cm, so we are sent home
6:00 am -- Contractions extremely painful and Vanessa gets sick so Ben calls the doctor
6:30 am -- Back to the hospital
7:00 am -- Vanessa has finally progressed to 4 cm and can now be admitted
7:30 am -- Pain medicine to help Vanessa stop shaking
9:00 am -- Sweet relief from an epidural
I wanted to have a completely natural delivery, but after more than 24 hours of labor with no rest my body needed the reprieve that the epidural offered so I could sleep.
2:00 pm -- Vanessa is dilated to 10 cm and can start pushing
3:33 pm -- Lucas Benjamin Henry is born
He struggled with Jaundice for the first week, but after some tanning under the Bili-Light, supplementing with an ounce of formula per feeding, and some time sleeping in the window at home, he worked it out.

We love him so much and are so glad to have him home with us!










8 lbs. 10 oz.
19.75 inches
This little one was determined to come on his due date!
Sunday, August 8:3:00 am -- Contractions start
9:00 pm -- Finally go to the hospital
9:30 pm -- Devastated to hear Vanessa is only dilated to 1 cm
10:30 pm -- Vanessa only dilated to 2 cm
Monday, August 9:
12:30 am -- Vanessa still only dilated to 2 cm, so we are sent home
6:00 am -- Contractions extremely painful and Vanessa gets sick so Ben calls the doctor
6:30 am -- Back to the hospital
7:00 am -- Vanessa has finally progressed to 4 cm and can now be admitted
7:30 am -- Pain medicine to help Vanessa stop shaking
9:00 am -- Sweet relief from an epidural
I wanted to have a completely natural delivery, but after more than 24 hours of labor with no rest my body needed the reprieve that the epidural offered so I could sleep.
2:00 pm -- Vanessa is dilated to 10 cm and can start pushing
3:33 pm -- Lucas Benjamin Henry is born

He struggled with Jaundice for the first week, but after some tanning under the Bili-Light, supplementing with an ounce of formula per feeding, and some time sleeping in the window at home, he worked it out.

We love him so much and are so glad to have him home with us!












He is precious! I'm so glad he finally came to meet you! The same thing happened with my sister with the epidural...she was laboring for so long and no sleep that they decided to do the same thing. Way to go Vanessa, you did it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! So glad you've got him home safe and sound! Soon he and Tommy will be getting into all sorts of trouble! :)
ReplyDeleteAhh, he's so cute! Love the picture of the three of you with the hospital bands still on. Why didn't I ever think of that one?! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you guys! Great to see some pictures of the little man, and we are sad that we just missed meeting him. But we're happy to see that he can make great facial expressions, just like his dad.
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds like you had a pretty difficult labor. I'm glad that Lucas is big and healthy! Cute, too!
ReplyDeleteWelcome little Lucas!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie - you two did VERY well. Thank you for including us and can't wait to see him in person. We'll watch for updates!
He is so adorable! So sorry labor was so long and hard for you. Glad everyone is doing well now!
ReplyDeleteWe sure miss you guys! Lucas is so precious. Congrats you two! We hope to see you if you're in town during Thanksgiving or Christmas. Enjoy your little guy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! He is so cute and I am glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteSo I hope you don't mind.. but I found you're blog and I really like it :) I'm so glad we've been able to get to know you better!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness he is just so cute!! Oh I wish you still lived here so we could hang out with our little babies!
ReplyDeleteSo cute Vanessa! Thank you for the link! Love it :) Would love to see you sometime and that darling family of yours.
ReplyDeleteKristin