Have you ever heard that when you have a child, it's like having your heart walk around outside your body?
Lucas has RSV, or bronchiolitis. Mucus in his lungs. He is coughing and congested. Can't breathe. Getting an ear infection as a complication. Refuses to nurse so we have to squirt milk into his mouth with a syringe. We're using a nebulizer for half an hour every four hours.
I miss my baby. I haven't nursed him in three days. He is extremely fussy because he is so miserable.
And because he is miserable, I feel like my heart is broken.
-----------------
While I was typing this, I heard a knock at the door. I have the best friends ever. I found a care package on the doorstep. Tears.
Thank you, thank you, thank you....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Vanessa, I am so sorry I wish there was something I could do to help. I will keep little Lucas in my prayers. Hang in there :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so awful! Tell me if there is anything we can do.
ReplyDeleteOh poor Lucas! I'm sorry Vanessa. It seems like everyone and their baby has been sick. I hope he feels better soon. We'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteVanessa, I'm so sorry to hear this! We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteHaving your kid sick is so heart breaking. My heart goes out to you and little Lucas. Good Luck!
ReplyDeletePoor baby boy! Poor you! I We are thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteOh good luck. Sick babies are the saddest!
ReplyDeleteI am SO sorry Vanessa! Poor little Lucas.
ReplyDelete