Friday, March 26, 2010

Answers to Prayers

I've been thinking a lot today about how loving and caring our Father in Heaven is.

I just read a friend's blog post about how her husband was hit by a car while riding his bike to school yesterday. The Lord was definitely protecting him because he was able to return home to his wife and daughter yesterday with nothing more than a few bruises and some soreness. I have heard similar stories in the last couple of weeks of friends being saved from potentially fatal accidents. How grateful I am to a loving Father who cares for us and watches over us.

Our move to Texas looms ever closer and I grow more and more nervous as the weeks go by. For the last few weeks, I have focused my efforts on finding an apartment. We are trying to coordinate with some friends so that we can live in the same complex. Our search has been frustrating and difficult. We finally found a complex that we liked, but there are currently no units available.

So my thoughts and prayers have been full of, "Help this complex that we like to have units become available for both of us." But last night, Ben worded it differently in our family prayer: "Help us to find the complex that will be in the area and ward that Thou would have us be in." I was humbled by his wording and changed my own personal prayers to match.

Unexpected answer to our prayers:
My friend was told by another friend (a lot of BYU people are going to work for USAA) about a complex that they are moving into. It almost seems too good to be true. It has everything we want and after making a few phone calls today, we found out that they have units available and we can send in an application and deposit right away.

Like I said, it seems too good to be true. I feel nervous rushing to fill out the application and send in the deposit. I keep thinking that something is going to go wrong and it won't work out.

But it occurred to me that maybe this is the Lord's way of answering our prayer. Maybe He helped us stumble on this new complex that seems so perfect because this is where we are supposed to go.

So until the complex confirms that they have my application and deposit and that they have a unit on hold for me, I will be holding my breath and continuing to pray for assurance from my Father in Heaven that this is the right place for us.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like tender mercys just seem to pop up right when you need them. Love what you've written here - it's certainly true in our lives.

    ((hugs))

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete