Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Philosophy on Mathematics Education

I'm sitting in a Technology class right now, learning how to incorporate technology into my classroom instruction. My instructor showed me this cool site for making presentations (way cooler than boring old Power Point!) called Prezi. Anyway, there is a video on here that illustrates exactly how I feel about Math Education and Math in general. If you have about five minutes to watch this presentation, you'll understand just how excited I am about teaching Math.

As I approach the end of the school year and moving on to my dream job--being a stay-at-home mom-- I am so excited to finally be done teaching. But when I attend enrichment classes like this that get me excited about teaching, I feel a little sad about leaving behind a profession that I really do love. It's days like this that I am driven to learn as much as I can so that I can eventually apply it to teaching my own children or even starting a tutoring program from my home.

Math is amazing. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment