Meanwhile, I decided to take a crack at homemade flour tortillas. We recently had a RS Activity where a sister from Mexico taught us how to make them (we also learned how to make corn tortillas from a sister who grew up in El Salvador). I had some beans and stuff to make burritos, so I figured, why not? Now is as good a time as any to attempt to make my own tortillas. Let's just say that it really is an art. I have no idea how they get them to be so perfectly round and still so thin at the same time! My first attempt:
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Baby Furniture and Tortillas
We finally got our baby furniture! We picked it up at the local Wal-Mart (Note to self: Next time, just have it delivered to the house. It was too much of a hassle trying to pick it up from Site-To-Store) and Ben got going on putting it all together. He really is so good at this stuff, and I can tell that he loves it. He gets excited every time he gets to pull out his power drill :)
Meanwhile, I decided to take a crack at homemade flour tortillas. We recently had a RS Activity where a sister from Mexico taught us how to make them (we also learned how to make corn tortillas from a sister who grew up in El Salvador). I had some beans and stuff to make burritos, so I figured, why not? Now is as good a time as any to attempt to make my own tortillas. Let's just say that it really is an art. I have no idea how they get them to be so perfectly round and still so thin at the same time! My first attempt:
Ben said it looked like an amoeba and tried to show me the way he learned to do it Nicaragua. His was more round, but a lot thicker than mine:
By the time I had made a few more, they were starting to get a little more round, but they still weren't great:
I guess I will need to keep practicing. But now that I have furniture in baby's room, I feel like I can start unpacking his boxes and getting organized in there. I will post pictures as soon as I have his room done.
Meanwhile, I decided to take a crack at homemade flour tortillas. We recently had a RS Activity where a sister from Mexico taught us how to make them (we also learned how to make corn tortillas from a sister who grew up in El Salvador). I had some beans and stuff to make burritos, so I figured, why not? Now is as good a time as any to attempt to make my own tortillas. Let's just say that it really is an art. I have no idea how they get them to be so perfectly round and still so thin at the same time! My first attempt:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment